Friday, September 11, 2009

Patriots Day


Today is Patriots Day. I remember where I was and what I was doing when I saw the terrible tragedy unfold on the Today Show. I usually think the question, "are you sitting down?" is overdramatization. I am not a very dramatic person and can handle all kinds of stress and bad news, but I remember having to sit down for this. This event caused a lot of people to sit down. And more importantly it caused a lot of people to drop to their knees and pray to the God that they haven't talked to in a long time. Someone once said that anything that drives you to the heart of God is a good thing. This is so true.
Patriots Day takes on new meaning for me this year because my son is fighting on a foreign land. He is fighting for our freedom and the freedom of those over there. I am thankful that he is in Iraq now and not when the war first started. I am thankful that he is in Iraq now and not in Afghanistan. Let us never forget all those that have lost their lives in the 9/11 tragedy and all those that have lost their lives fighting for our countries freedoms.

2 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Hey, I am visiting from the links at Mama Bzz. I am so thankful that your son is willing to serve and fight for our country. Please tell him thank you for me!

Joy Cometh in the Morning said...

Nancy,
Thank you so much! I will definately tell him. He only has 3 more month in Iraq!
Rena